I will turn their mourning into joy; I will comfort them, and give them gladness for sorrow.
- Jeremiah 31:13

Saturday, May 1, 2010

My first letter to you: 3 weeks, 6 days

My precious, tiny sweetheart,


It's still so hard for me to believe that I have a reason to be writing this to you. Your daddy and I found out this morning that you are growing inside of me, and I want you to know that we are SO HAPPY to know that you are alive! If everything goes well (and I am praying that it will), you will be in our arms on or before Sunday, January 9th, 2011. According to what I've read, I believe that you've been alive since April 18th, which means that you are technically 13 days old today. Once you are born, everyone around you will celebrate that day as your birthday; but please know that I will always remember April 18th as the day that your life began. Your daddy and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary on Monday, April 19th, so I look at you as God's amazing anniversary present to us.


I hope that these letters to you will be a blessing to you some day. I want them to remind you that you could not have been more wanted by us.


Here are your stats as of tomorrow, Sunday, May 2nd:
  1. You are now made up of 500 microscopic cells.
  2. Your tiny body is forming into three layers. The outer layer will become your nervous systems, eyes, inner ear and a whole lot of connective tissue. The middle layer will become your bones, muscles, kidneys and reproductive system (your daddy and I will explain what that means when you're older). The inner layer will become your lungs, intestines and bladder.
You are such a little miracle, Sweetheart; and I am so proud of you.

Until next week,

I love you.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, Natasha. Life is absolutely precious. I hope you have encountered such JOY and HOPE since losing Jeremiah and since finding out you're pregnant again. In such trying times, it's amazing that those two words (joy & hope) can even exist, but with GOD all things are possible! It didn't even click that your baby was conceived around your anniversary; funny thing is that this new baby of ours is an anniversary baby too! (just what you & I need: one more thing in common with all of our little ones!). I am thanking God for sharing Jeremiah with you, and hoping and praying and believing that this next baby will be brought to you ALIVE! Praise God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still find it very weird that you found out you were pregnant a year to the day that we found out we were pregnant with Noah, and that you are due with your new baby on the same day Noah was due. Hmmmm....WEIRD!! :) That must also mean that we conceived Noah last year on or right around your anniversary! teehee

    GOD IS GOOD. ALL THE TIME.

    Praise God, Natasha. I am SOOOO thankful for both of your children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEY!! CONGRATULATIONS!! So this is the other blog you were talking about ;-) When I read this I didn't look at the date so I thought you were referring to Jeremiah, then I saw that you posted this on May 2nd and I was really confused. Took me like 5 minutes until it hit me....OH! YOU'RE PREGNANT AGAIN! :-) :-) What a sweet anniversary present! Love ya!

    ~roommate~

    ReplyDelete