I will turn their mourning into joy; I will comfort them, and give them gladness for sorrow.
- Jeremiah 31:13

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

6 weeks, 5 days (Due Date Update!)

Well my new little monkey, Mommy is about to confuse you. Up until my first OB appointment last Tuesday the 11th, I believed that I was due on January 9th, which meant that you would be another week older every Sunday. However, I was informed at this appointment (and this is something they've told me before) that, since the due date is only an estimate, they just go by 40 weeks from the first date of Mommy's last p-----. (I'll just edit that word out to avoid awkward questions. :P) Besides, I'm not really sure if my cycle is longer than 28 days anyway. I've never been good at keeping track. SO, you're "new" due date estimate is Thursday, January 6th, which means that you grow to be another week older every Thursday, not Sunday. However, in the end, none of this is very precise at all. We won't be able to tell much until I get a couple of ultrasounds under my belt.

I didn't update when we hit six weeks, and I'm sorry about that. Mommy was very sick with a cold last week and stayed in bed a lot. Therefore, I will update for both six weeks and seven weeks now.

As of last Thursday, the 13th, these were your stats:
  1. Your neural tube closed! What an achievement. We won't know for sure that this all happened correctly yet, but God will take care of you and I no matter what happens. :)
  2. Your little heart was pumping blood like crazy!
  3. Your cute little face was beginning to form!
  4. You were about 1/6-1/4 inch long!
This is about what you looked like:


I realize that a lot of this is similar to what I wrote last time. It's sometimes hard to figure out exactly when things happen.

Anyway, this is what will be going on with you as of this Thursday, the 20th:
  1. You have tiny, visible nostrils! I bet you have a button nose just like your mommy!
  2. Your eye lenses are forming!
  3. Your little arm buds have grown into what look like little paddles.
  4. You are about 1/4-1/3 inch long, or about the size of a pencil eraser.
This is what you look like. Quite the difference from last week, huh?


I love you, my little sweat pea! For my update next week, I should be able to show you a picture of what you REALLY look like! I'm getting my first ultrasound on Tuesday the 25th, and I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!! And to hear your perfect little heartbeat...

Until next week,

I love you.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear about your latest appointment. It is SO fun to experience joy again, isn't it?

    Oh, and I think you're now due JANUARY 6th, not JUNE 6th :) (although I'm sure I know why June is on your mind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH!! You're right, Amber. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohh, Natasha!! I found your blog and didn't know you're pregnant!!! :) How wonderful!! I'm pregnant too and we're due around the same time! (December 21st is ours)I'll be praying for you guys and your little one :)

    ReplyDelete